Using drugs always involves risks. That is true for all drugs, including speed and cocaine. If you don’t want to run risks, you can better not use drugs. If you still choose to use them, try to limit the risks as much as possible.
- · Use them only occasionally or on special occasions.
- Do not use them if you are pregnant or want to become pregnant.
- Ensure you have periods of non-use.
- Make sure you don’t have too much money in your pocket.
- Only use them at times when you feel good mentally and physically.
- Try not to use them when you’re alone. If it goes wrong, there won’t be anyone around who can help you.
- Cool off. Pay sufficient attention to cooling your body. That way you won’t get overheated. In case of overheating there is a risk of a (life threatening) dangerous heat stroke.
- Drink sufficiently in order to prevent dehydration. About half a litre of water, soft drinks or isotonic sports drinks per hour. But do not drink alcohol, coffee or energy drinks.
- As a precaution, use only a small amount with each new supply. You never know how pure the pill or powder is. Even with an established dealer, the quality can vary greatly.
- Do not combine with other illegal drugs, alcohol or medicines. That gives extra risks. Drugs may strengthen or weaken each other's effects, and may cause highly unpredictable effects. You can then become unconscious or get heart palpitations faster.
- Never share user material (such as straws, needles and pipes). This increases the risk of infection with the HIV and hepatitis B and C viruses.
- Do not drive in traffic if you have used drugs.
- The use of cocaine and speed affects the reserves of the body. After use rest and eat sufficiently in order to recuperate.
- Cocaine and speed use break down the resistance and vitamins. Take vitamins and eat hearty, healthy meals.
- Resist the urge to use again. If you feel exhausted and down after use, it may be tempting to use again to make you feel better again. This is a bad idea! That way you quickly end up in a vicious circle. So give yourself the chance to recover.