Cannabis entails risks in the short and long term. It may lead to addiction.
In the short-term
- Those who feel bad may feel even worse.
- Too much cannabis may cause nausea and dizziness.
- Too much cannabis may cause anxiety.
- One may concentrate less well and sometimes forget things that have just been done.
- Cannabis can be dangerous for people with heart problems.
- Cannabis may cause people to lose a grasp of reality.
- Smoking cannabis during pregnancy or breastfeeding is bad for the unborn child or baby.
- Those who drive under the influence of cannabis are twice as likely to have a car accident.
In the long term
- Using a lot of cannabis for a long time, may lead to problems with concentration and memory.
- Smoking cannabis increases the risk of lung or heart problems.
- If you regularly use cannabis, it may cause permanent changes in the brain. Especially with young users.
- Those who use cannabis for a long time may become addicted.